Friday 5 March 2010

Busy weekend (we hope)

Weather permitting we will have a busy time this weekend starting with Native Coll in the 1.55 at Kelso, he's a bit wrong at the weights and its a step up in class but I have been longing to run him over fences at Kelso which I think will suit him and frankly, with the weather still dodgy, I am going to grab any chance I can to get him on the track. 8 run, the ground will be gluey and Adrian Lane rides. Skipping Chapel makes a quick reappearance in the 3.00 after his disappointing trip to Catterick on Tuesday, he pulled too hard there and didn't see out the trip, to be honest we are only running because we sponsor the race and I was disappointed to see only 4 runners originally declared, they re-opened it and I declared him because the prize money is excellent and he seems well. 5 now run and Fearghal Davies rides. We hope to run Almost Blue in the Hunter Chase, I say hope because I wasn't quite sure about him today and I need to see how he is in the morning, if he does make it Jamie will ride and 5 will run, one of which, Robert Miller-Bakewell's Know the Ropes will be ridden by Lucy.
After a quiet night at the Ednam House Old Peoples Home in Kelso we will then head to Alnwick on Sunday where Kit is due to ride Commercial Express for his Mother, Mrs A, this horse is really bouncing and I am hopeful that he will run well.
As we are sponsoring a race Kelso Racecourse is kindly providing us with a box for the afternoon, I think it's known as the Duke's room, if anyone feels thirsty then please come and join us for a drink....
N

No comments: