Tuesday 27 July 2010

Back in the groove...(not forgetting Gormless Gordon)

Well, we brought in another four horses from the field yesterday which means that along with the five "fatties" and three newly broken three year olds there will be twelve to ride out each day which is just about right.  I have been slightly amazed at how enthusiastic I have been feeling about starting again, (not quite as amazed as Mrs A!),  I have to confess that there were moments during the depths of last winter when I did wonder exactly "why?" However I can honestly say that my excitement has been building over the last few weeks and in the end I couldn't wait, extraordinary really, I think a trip to visit Lucy with some time at Ballydoyle last week was partly responsible, what goes on there is most inspiring.  That and the fact that I know that I have a better bunch of horses than ever to crack on with, patience has been the word for the last two years with several of the youngsters but now we might reap the benefit with a little luck. Most of the horses just rest in the field here during the summer, as much for our benefit as theirs, the Billinge's homebred 5yo mare pictured below (by Alflora ex Savannah Mo) has been having a rather more productive time.  This dressage experience will have done her the world of good both physically and mentally, it would be wonderful if we had the time to do this with all our young horses
                    
Racing returns to Perth this week but more attention will be paid to the two big Festivals that are happening, namely Glorious Goodwood and Galway.  Despite the notable lack of success from my previous tipping services I have hired a new man in the hope he can do a little better......... here are Gormless Gordon's selections for the first day of Goodwood -

2.10: Australia Day(91)/ Changing the Guard(90)

3.25: Dalghar(93)/ Main Aim(87)

4.35: Benandonner(89)/ Kay Gee Be(87)

5.40: Martyr(89)/ Emerging Artist(86)

Bet of the day: Dalghar (6/1)

Good Luck!

1 comment:

投注天才 said...

這些竅門是真棒。我完全同意。