Monday 3 October 2011

Back to autumn weather this week, very breezy, showers and turning colder after a mild start.  10 riding out here this morning, plan to school over fences then Louisa in to do flatwork with some this afternoon, I have the "Buffalo" on her list, point blank refused to do anything with her last time and nearly took my thumb off feeding yesterday but most impressive work with Four Fiddlers on Saturday so I will forgive him most things, likely to be busy, meant to be my office day - will do my best!  A fine start to Kelso's season yesterday despite some rather inclement weather, we achieved exactly what we wanted to do with Sydney Cove, he was very keen, I am sure we will get there with him given time.  This week we have entries at Carlisle on Friday and Hexham on Saturday, ho ho, and what a surprise in the Arc, first three home all fillies and a somewhat overlooked outsider from Germany romps home in a record time, Herr Schiergen paid EU100,000 to supplement her for the race, he clearly knew what he had in his hands!

Sydney Cove

No comments: