Thursday 3 November 2011

So

Bizarrely mild this evening and I am informed that children were bathing in the sea at my golf club's beach this afternoon. I've certainly never been as warm jump racing at Musselburgh, only 2 nights ago it was cold enough for us to be doubling up the horses' rugs - what is going on? Rather wish I had stuck with my original decision re running today, neither horse was suited by the race, too sharp for Ocarina and The Paddy Premium was right up there turning for home before appearing not to stay, back to 2 miles for him. Nevertheless at least my indecision produced a handy dividend in the form of an excellent winner for Lucy on Fred Bojangles, delighted, but all too much going on for me! Early starts all round tomorrow, 4.45 am for Lucy as she heads to ride out for Rose Dobbin on her way to Hexham where she has no less than 5 rides and 5.30 for me as Sydney Cove will need an early brekkie prior to his journey to Hexham, he runs in the 2.10, 12 run I think, good to soft ground, Keith Mercer rides, Lucy otherwise engaged....

No comments: