Wednesday 11 April 2012

One for the Anoraks?

Greatly enjoyed profile of my neighbour Lucinda in this weeks "Weekender" and exciting to know that we share a love of The Saw Doctors and Gavin and Stacey, also delighted to be reminded that I trained her only winner as a jockey enabling her to achieve the same strike rate in that department as her partner, the mighty Scu; it would be remiss of me not to correct the article by pointing out that Panegyrist was actually 17 when she won on him, not 14, I rode him in the same race the following year when he was 18, sadly we were only 3rd, I am therefore still to ride my first winner. Panegyrist's other claim to fame was being the oldest horse ever to win a novice chase which he did in 1989 at the age of 14, beating his 7yo half brother Toddlin Hame trained by Colin Parker, ridden by Brian Storey with the only other starter being Waternish Point, trained by a Mrs S Bradburne and ridden by Mr J Bradburne. Panegyrist was ridden that day by Joe O'Gorman, currently head lad to Kevin Ryan, Lucy's employer last summer.... small world!

No comments: