Tuesday 14 December 2010

Consensus?

With ice everywhere and little prospect of racing in the imminent future I took the pragmatist's route yesterday and the horses all went on the walker for an hour in the morning and 30 minutes in the afternoon, they will do the same today and having had three "days off" will be ridden again tomorrow. I say "days off" but in an hour on the walker they actually cover over 10km so it should certainly keep them ticking over.

So much for the "consensus," all five forecasts indicated temperatures of between -1 and -5 first thing this morning, I therefore whoop with joy when I see +4.3 at 6.30am on the guage, having missed the Monday evening weigh-in ceremony last night I am also very pleased with what I see on the board, many of them have continued to lose weight demonstrating the effectiveness of the deep snow cantering..

No comments: